Our Youth Program is prevention oriented, and family focused. We work to strengthen the resiliency of our youth, and to teach them about Native American and Alaska Native culture and values so that they might develop a positive identity. Sometimes stress, trauma, loss and other circumstances can lead to disharmony, depression, anxieties, confusion and even serious mental health challenges. Sometimes youth are tempted to use alcohol and other drugs to cope with the challenges in their lives. Counseling along with other service can our youth and families find new ways to cope, learn skills for healthy living and relationships, and learn mindful practices to set goals and fulfill your role in your family and community.
The NARA Youth Program offers a number of services to our youth.
- Assessment and Evaluation
- Substance Abuse Assessment
- Mental Health Counseling
- Outpatient Substance Abuse Counseling
- Family Counseling
- Life Skills Training
- Project Venture
- Methamphetamine and Suicide Prevention
- Youth Night — Each Thursday at the Youth and Wellness Center
- Nak-Nu-Wit wraparound care for Native youth aged 9-21 who have multiple needs
- Cultural Groups and Activities
More information on our qualified staff coming soon.
Referral and Intake Process
Please contact the site for more information on the referral and intake process. 971.279.4838.
NARA Youth Program
12360 E. Burnside , 1st floor
Portland, OR 97233