- NARA NW recognizes the importance of culture and we put it at the forefront of all that we do.
- NARA NW works on the belief that all things have a spirit, and that we are all connected and should be respectful to ourselves, those around us, and the communities we live in. Living healthily and respectfully in our culture promotes wellness in our physical, mental, and spiritual bodies.
- All of NARA NW’s services are centered on the family as we believe that without the family circle, there will be no future.
- Services for our Veteran clients strive to encourage and strengthen their value as they are vital to our community and culture.
- NARA NW values inclusivity and maintains a safe space for all ages and genders.
Our staff includes master’s level counselors and clinical supervisors, certified alcohol drug counselors (CADC), psychologists, medical doctors, nurses, and others. Interns from local colleges and universities who are studying to become Certified Alcohol Drug Counselors or Licensed Clinical Social Workers may also provide services.
NARA NW values inclusive programming while also maintaining a safe space for medical and behavioral health services.
Veteran Peer Services
• Assistance Navigating the VA
• Assistance Obtaining Benefits
• Help with a Discharge Upgrade
• Work or a Better Job
• Access to Social Supports
• Access to Physical Health and Mental Health Services
• Outreach to Individuals on the Streets, in Shelters, and in Hospitals
• Cultural Groups and Activities
• Substance Abuse Counseling
• Housing/VASH Assistance
• Telehealth Available
Refer A Veteran
Veterans’ Behavioral Health Outreach Specialist
Beau Boyd, Navy, CRM, PSS
Veterans’ Homeless Outreach Specialist
Tate Waggoner, Air Force/Army, MSW, CSWA, QMHP
VASH Housing Specialist
Veterans’ Behavioral Health Contact
12360 E Burnside Street
Portland OR 97233
Veterans Crisis Line:
Phone 988, then press 1